Dec 20, 2010

I need a Hero

Every story needs a hero. Ours has the greatest dynamic-est duo since Kanye West and himself (if you ask him) - I'd like you to meet Dewey (Get it? Dew-ey? Water. Dew.) and Blue. I won't get into the details, but I thought I'd share a few sketches of their conception:


Above is first sketch of the duo once I had an idea of what I wanted the story to be. Notice the crazy amount of work that went into this. I must've spent at least 3 hours on blue's legs. I HAD to get it right.

These next two are a little ways down the line after some more exploration and refinement. Blue is not too far from the final. Dewey however looked like he deserved a wedgie so I went back and reworked him.Which bring us to:

Now there's a kid who deserves a high-five. And this is pretty much where I'll leave you today. Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment