Dec 9, 2010

The Wife Test

Where were we? Ahh yes, the story. So after receiving JP's feedback, I had to go back and re-craft the story so there'd be more substance. So after re-thinking and rewriting and liking where I was, now came the REAL challenge - The Wife Test. You see, I'm lucky enough to be married to a woman who will tell me like it is. You know, "Skinny jeans aren't your thing" and "you should probably take a shower before we leave the house." She even kept me from entering MC battles after watching 8 Mile (Although I could probably easily take out at least 6 out of 10 country singers in an MC battle if I tried). You catch my drift, if I ever want an honest opinion, I know where to go. Once the story was updated, I grabbed some post-it notes and story boarded the entire story, page-by-page on these neat little orange pieces of brilliance. Peep it.

In our kitchen we have a little nook in the wall for some odd reason, so for the first time in 2 years I decided to make use of it and hung these little suckers in order so I could see the full story all at once. I made some revisions and editing and prepared it for The Wife Test. I sat her down in front of the wall and "pitched" her the story. If you've ever seen the extras on a Pixar or Dreamworks DVDs (or blu-ray for all of you Big Willies), they will sometimes show the artists pitching a scene to the director. Same idea here. Here's a quick sketch of how it went down.

Long story short, she liked it! She did have some thoughts and I agreed with most, if not all of them. So I quickly sketched some revisions on the post-its and the story is complete! (I will say, I'm thinking of adding a T-Rex. No lie.) And yes, my head is really that big and one eye is bigger than the other.

That's where I'll leave you for now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask via comment, email or Twitter. Word!

2 comments:

  1. man you make me laugh. literally! and i like that you've accurately depicted that your left arm comes out of a spot above your ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is my LIFE we're talking about here! Not some joke for your amusement. And now that you mention it, I think the charity $$$ will go towards an operation to move my arm back down to shoulder height. That's why I prefer to draw in the computer, but at 10 PM all you get is ink on paper.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete